Support       

When you have been told that you have some sort of health problem or disorder. For that moment in time nothing else seems to matter, it feels like you’re frozen in time. Like everyone around you is moving but you’re just standing there. You’re just standing there with so many questions. Why did this happen to me? How did this happen? You feel broken and torn apart. It doesn’t matter how strong you are or how brave you are, we all feel weak or broken at some point in our lives. But remember fear and feeling helpless is normal, so don’t be afraid to welcome the support of your friends and family. We sometimes tend to pride ourselves on being able to do it all. But sometimes you need to lean on others.
I think that it’s really important to have a support system. Whether it’s a best friend or online support group. In a support group you would have a group of people who truly understand what you are going through. People who have been through, or are going through a similar circumstance, they can actually relate to what you are going through. Support groups can also be a good source of information. I t provides strength and the determination to come together and help one another.
My mother is one of my support systems. She is at every doctor’s appointment and every medical test.  Right there by my side. After getting the diagnosis you may feel kind of shaken up. After my diagnosis I have seen several different doctors and had to undergo  more tests. And it feels really comforting, having someone at your side. They don’t necessarily have to come into the doctor’s office or testing area with you; they can accompany you and wait in the waiting area when it’s time for you to go in if you like.

Do you have a support system? a support group or family or friends that you can turn to?. Trying to handle everything on your own can be emotionally and physically distressing at times. I’m happy that I have my mom’s support and I hope that you have someone you can count on as well.
                                                                 
https://twitter.com/Llovelyjournal

 

Comments

Popular Posts