Does anyone have any consideration for other human beings anymore?
After my diagnosis I try to live a healthy, positive life. I love reading all the lovely stories - those who didn't give up and continue to push forward, others who refused to let Pcos define who they are or let it take over their lives and the story of a Pcos mother who was once told that she had a five percent chance of conceiving naturally but beat the odds and is now a proud mother of five handsome boys, all conceived naturally  .The most recent article I read was about a brave young lady named Harnaam Kaur who decided to ditch the razors and flaunt her facial hair and didn't care what society or the world had to say about it and her wonderful husband by her side supporting her all the way with her decision. Stories like these inspired me to start the "Stories" section on my blog. They are so inspiring and gives hope to other women with Pcos.
Don't get me wrong I am not completely oblivious to the risk factors or effects of Pcos. However I am an optimist - I look at the glass half full instead of half empty. I refuse to sit back and let Pcos define who I am.
I refuse to call myself a Pcos Sufferer. I am a Pcos Survivor.
Survivor - someone who shows a great determination to overcome difficulties and carry on.  A person who continues to function or prosper in spite of opposition, hardship, or setbacks.
 
Okay so let me explain what this journal entry is about - I was speaking to a friend a few weeks ago. There were some moist cakes and other appetizers and beverages available. He asked me if I was going to try the cake which I then denied with a quick explanation that I try to avoid sweet foods. He inquired as to why I avoided sweet foods so I explained to him my diagnosis of Pcos. At that very moment a young lady was approaching so she heard what I said. Now my mother always told me "If you don't have anything nice to say.Dont say nothing at all".  The young lady turns to me and say 'Oh you have Pcos. I know someone with Pccos and she got pregnant but she lost the baby" She continued "Yeah the baby died",
I didn't know how to respond to her comment. I was mostly shocked about the time and manner in which she choose to share her story. I'm sure she didn't intended to be so blunt or she wasn't purposely trying to be mean or rude. But people need to be a bit more careful about what they say to others.
After someone shares their diagnosis of a particular illness or disease what ever it might be. Why is the first thing you decided to say to that person is something negative. Would she have walked up to a cancer patient who was taking chemotherapy and said "I knew someone with cancer they tried chemotherapy but they  died".
Is it so hard to think about what you say before you say it.
Has anyone ever said anything to you about your Pcos diagnosis that you found was rude or offensive. If so please share what was said and how you responded.

Thanks for stopping by :)
Love,
S.C

Follow me on twitter 
pinterest.com/Llovelyjournal/

 

 

Comments

Popular Posts